About this blog
I’ve been writing here and there a lot, and figured out that all my posts and expressed opinions were sort of lost with the time for different reasons:
- sometimes I decided to break up with the hosting providers because I felt a sort of abuse in the way they deal with their customers
- quite often, I write for the purpose of doing demos or tutorials at work and for privacy reasons I don’t take the risk of getting what I write to the public
- … and sometimes I write about a product which gives me zero freedom to express a variety of things I deal with everyday.
As every writer, I have also the excuse of not writing often because I don’t have the time to do it .. which everyone knows is the best excuse for lazy authors :) It is not true indeed, it is a matter of commitment and consistency and it is time to change this.
I’ve been also committed to do research and work for others, as I traveled a lot for my career, from Tunisia, to France, to USA and finally Canada, I am now decided to put all the experience I gained for free to younger aspiring data scientists.
This website will ultimately lead to the creation of my first book, and I thought that, one way to keep myself committed to achieve this task is to maintain a daily routine of sharing knowledge with like-minded persons and through their criticism and their comments, I’ll keep the content more accurate and useful.
This blog is powered by Jekyll as you might see in the footer. I additionally hacked the layout to display other information regarding the post being displayed. I wanted to give the reader some information prior to reading a post, such as :
- The estimated reading time depending on the length of the post
- The level of the post being displayed that can be beginner, intermediate or advanced
- The category as well as the tags related to the post
- The Table of Content of the given post : Every post will be introduced first in a general manner through a figure that describes the main topic and a short explanation with possibly some references and links to further read about the subject being discussed.